Dr. Joe Tafur has a unique story.
While in medical school, in the midst of a low-point in his emotional life, Joe encountered the world of plant medicines through Peyote (and subsequently Ayahuasca) and found a whole other world-view of healing. After finishing medical school, he split his time between studying plant medicines in the jungle of Peru and practicing medicine in the United States. He is now a shaman, an author, and a doctor, sharing a unique view of healing that encompasses the physical along with the spiritual.
Joe's book, The Fellowship Of The River tells Joe's story along with other stories of shamans clearing up conditions like Chrones, Diabetes, Psoriasis, Addiction, and Trauma with plant medicines. He eloquently describes the methods shaman's use, and what parts of the body are being affected. Healing occurs at the level of DNA and epigenetics.
In this episode we discuss:
- Joe's book at its connection to The Cosmic Serpent, a book about healing at the level of one's DNA, and how Shaman's take their consciousness down to that level using Ayahuasca
- The link between emotional healing and physical healing
- Genes and the programming in them that interfaces with the environment, the epi-genome
- How environmental imprints can cause illness that looks "genetic" and permanent.
- Proof of how the epigenome can store and carry memories from one generation to the next.
- How trauma is stored in the body and needs to be released
- LOVE as the most powerful force for healing and health.
- The number 1 factor in healing through therapy
- Phenomenon: Mystical experiences healing physical addictions --> The spiritual solution
- The Psycho-Neuro-Endocrine-Immunologic network - the mind-body network that connects the mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- The role of spiritual healing in modern health care
- Joe's project to track epigenetic shifts in the physiology of participants in the MAPStrials that are happening with PTSD and MDMA healing.
The Modern Spirit Project - modernspirit.org